Monday 30 April 2012

Woman Gives Birth To 38 Cm Worm After Labour

Inside a case of suspected witchcraft, a 38-year-old woman from Bulawayo's North End suburb gave birth to a 38cm long worm on Sunday morning. The woman, Ms Anna Mbizi, was five months pregnant when she allegedly experienced labour-like contractions and gave birth to a worm in her own bathroom. 

The bizarre incident happened on Sunday and her boyfriend has reportedly abandoned her. When reporters visited her at her home yesterday, she seemed weak and was holding that which was left from the worm, that was put into a tin. 



She said she was shocked when her doctor told her that they was not carrying any baby within the womb and her tummy was mysteriously growing big without any baby inside. "I am still lacking words because I consulted my doctor after i was 8 weeks pregnant and was told everything was normal. 

This was likely to be my third baby and i believe someone bewitched me," said Ms Mbizi. She said she suspected that certain of her neighbours who owed her $150 was behind her misfortune. "I really thought I had been five months pregnant when i had all the indications of an expectant woman. After i experienced the pains, I thought I was likely to miscarry but was shocked whenever a worm arrived on the scene," said Ms Mbizi, who separated in the father of her two children. "My boyfriend was not supportive enough since he learnt of this incident and I am afraid he's going to leave me. 

MAN KILLS GIRLFRIEND OVER ABORTION MONEY


He really wanted an infant and now that I delivered a worm I am not his favourite person." She said her neighbours had advised her to place coarse salt around the worm to ensure that she's not cursed again. "I put salt around the worm also it shrinked, changing to some liquid like thing so that as you can see there's some blood within the residue," said the emotional Ms Mbizi. The woman's friend, Ms Tafadzwa Shumba, confirmed that her friend had problems with a neighbour within the debt. "Anna and the woman who owes her $150 have for a while now been exchanging harsh words. 

They used to threaten one another each time Anna visited request the money," said Ms Shumba. Ms Mbizi's doctor, who runs a surgery within the city centre, confirmed the incident. "The case is extremely unusual when i also examined the girl following the alleged incident and may not find any baby. 

The problem left us to believe the worm had been acting just like a baby. "I examined the woman 3 months ago and she or he seemed to be two months pregnant however when she returned on Sunday night nothing indicated that she'd been pregnant although there were signs and symptoms of stress on her uterine tissue," said a doctor.